[复制链接]

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 06-06-2023 17:35:38
| 显示全部楼层
Edited by JayGod-Poo666 at 06-06-2023 17:41

Had to stop the measuring of the Solar Panels as the Screen again began to black out from around the sides. So better safe then sorry to not break it

Anyway... Toying around with the customized screen at the moment. Looking good. I need to figure out what this battery Icon is and % and the low DC + - voltage is. Maybe the low voltage is the data wires, not sure..... Further the battery icon and % tend to do things although not sure why and what it is about yet.

Anyway I'll zip the theme with the post, enjoy.

Watt = Blue
Voltage = Yellow
Amps = Red

This is how I remember it from the Electricity education in Denmark and sadly no one does it like that. At least this is the colors that sits with me. Been some time since those times.

test6.zip

985 Bytes, 下载次数: 224

My test theme, s

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 08-06-2023 03:51:14
| 显示全部楼层
So an update, I got my USB C Male Female cable and chopped it up... Apparently one of these newer cables with not only + and - but 6 other wires... and shielding. Well whatever I just needed the Energy wires and now running with the female plug. It seems like the other male plug from another cable is still the better one in regards of keeping cool, but sadly they don't seem to make straight female plugs, only Angles. But overall, the tester is okay hot, but nothing seems to be at the point of being able to cook an Egg to solid. Put the last passive small heat sink on the female plug. Hmm I don't know, maybe I should look into this other cable fabrication again and see if I can find a straight female or... I found some USB C that you can do yourself it seems. Then I can do some bigger wires, mostly all of the cables have small + - wires, although some have bigger then others. Although it might be the chips inside or whatever, that are the worst culprit for heat and some might work better then others I think.

Also got som 6 Amps USB A, male and Female. Haven't tested them yet under load to see if they keep more cool then the others. But whatever the case, we are going for the USB C choice. When the Tester itself gets some Passive cooling heat sinks it should further give it some help. Overall a big Copper one, would be nice to just plant it on. We are running 120 watts at the moment, that seem to be the max these days when the sun is high and in an further angel from the solar panels, in the spring I did 160 watts once, but as the Sun goes higher the angel as well goes more indirect into the panels and makes less. Anyway... I knifed a lot of old cables I had and had a look inside to do some intelligence service.

As a side note, I also got a USB C female to barrel plug 5.5*2.5 male for charging my Robot cleaner, DC to DC to save energy from my Storage unit but using the WITRN meter I can see it indeed does 20 Volts but it ends up giving way to much Effect wattage to it so it makes an error and fails. I tried different cables but sadly don't have any that does less then 60 watts and that is still nearly double the amount that it usually gets.

So apparently one needs either a plug that can do only around 30 watts or a Cable that makes it go down in transferring energy to it. If that can be sorted out I think this will work for charging it and save some energy yet as always a project in itself as usual, nothing made easy in this world. Some cables even did 100 watts, one did 105 watts from the USB C, so I guess they indeed to what they say on the machine.

Not sure if there exist any USB C cables that only does 30 watts or so - or if there is a plug that will make less wattage go through, but at least I know the correct plug now after testing the 2 I bought.

By the way the 6 Amps USB A adapters are from OTG and they are 3.0 - although not sure how good they are but they say Max 120 watts, but that is still more then the rest as far as I can see. At least not bad to have around to test USB A with the WITRN testers.

Well can't say the tester on the Solar Power Panels, or Light Volt source are cold, but they seem to do fine. Although the new Female plug does seem to be hotter then the male USB C plug that I first did. Whatever the case it is better then the USB A's that makes it possible to cook an egg on it. But it is very impressive that USB C Male keeping it pretty cool. Will be interesting to try things with 200 watts at some point and see if everything can handle it without heating up the Testers screen so it begins to black out. I think I have tried it 3 times now, no worries, the screens are fine and the Testers works without issue. Although I cut things at that point to be safe. The testers seems pretty robust. At least they are still surviving my hardship on them.

Anyway have more cables incoming and passive cooling and all so... And will further test things. I'll probably order the USB C make it yourself as well, and try that out as well so I can get some higher mm2 on the usb Cables. Even 0.75 mm2 seems small to me, but at least still a lot more then what these companies seem to put in the cables for power transfer.

I was wondering about the + - volts which seems to be data, as I have not connected them and yet it seems to show around 1 voltage on both on the meter, but they are not connected. But maybe it is something in the USB C plugs that makes something go through to them, dunno.

Anyway... I'll get back to things.

- Darkijah
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 08-06-2023 04:50:02
| 显示全部楼层
I just remember after writing that I had a PD 30 watt Charger, 20 volts, 1.5 Amps. So I thought that would work, so I tried it out. Yet... I don't know why, but it does not, another issue just came up by resetting all the time. It would have been perfect as it is near close to the real charger that can give 33 watts. But it never gets to jump beyond 2 Watts and then restarts, so it seems it can't startup to even try to provide that watts whereas the others did get to that point either trying putting out 60 or 100 watts before the Vacuum cleaner stop the progress and made an charging error. Not sure why it just can't suck what it needs, but I guess the hand USB Barrel might not allow less then 60 watts to be used.
Well it is nice to have the WITRN meters to be able to follow along what is happening - many times it is never as easy as you think to get something working. I saw this video about running EVERYTHING from USB C.... well... Kinda not that easy as they made it to be as far as I can see.

Anyway... Apparently I have a rash, I though I had back pain since friday, yet it seems to be a rash that is moving around now on my on breast as well, I can think of 3 things it could be, maybe 4 - but the last seems unlikely. Just terrible, but that is life - pain suffering, itching and bleeding. I don't understand people who hurt them self on purpose, like there is not enough pain already in life just by default!

Anyway... I'm kinda lost on what to do with the... Well I have 2 other kind of plugs of that kind on the way, also I have found a 30 Watt USB C Cable, which I could also try although might not work either and waste of resources. If the 230 Volt wall charger 30 watt does not work on it, I kinda think a 30 watt PD cable won't do it either from direct DC to DC.

Anyway the Meter pretty much ran through the day without issues and the best part of energy of the day is over. But running nicely neat the WITRN Meter from the solar panels. Could be interesting if I could let it run for 7 days collecting data and starting up automatically and sit as standard meter for stats.

Anyway... So far so good I guess, hmm. Maybe it is because the Charger is only the first generation of PD, dunno... The PowerPort Atom PD 1 30 watts.

It is as always like, hack the planet.

- Darkijah
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 12-06-2023 08:01:58
| 显示全部楼层
I have found an item that makes both the C4 and the C4L stall. I bought this Vento Cordless Foldable Fan that is charged from USB A to USB C, standard cable it came by although seems to work with USB C to USB C as well. BUT I wanted to check the Battery capacity and charging with the C4 and C4L and it breaks them sadly, makes them stop working and just freezes the screen which it is on and you can't do anything from there with any buttons. I tested with my 3 USB C extenders with Watt meter although very unprecise but they all worked. I tried to put some USB A to C and C to A and all that to see if it would maybe sort something out, but nothing works. Might be an issue that can be fixed on the software level!

Again it is called Vento Cordless Foldable Fan from EUROM if anyone wanna test it out or the authors of the product wanna look into it.

Still testing the C4 and C4L with the 220 watt solar panels producing around 120 max at the moment of the year. I think I will make a 7 day period stat thing, that could be cool to see, or maybe 7 days with one and 7 days with the other tester and put the stats screen together for a follow.... Not sure... But could be interesting to try out when all is running safely.

Just clipped off another Cables outside sewing nonsense, takes some time but it can be done. Hate those unnecessary things.

And apparently I have Hellfire/Shingles/Chickenpox stage 2 at the moment :/ Painful!!!

- Darkijah
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 12-06-2023 10:17:14
| 显示全部楼层
Edited by JayGod-Poo666 at 12-06-2023 10:18

I got the USB C adapter to my HP laptop, my Crapbar, cheap trash really... Anyway, I seem to have it working at least compared to the tries I have done with my Vacuum cleaner with another adapter. But something strange is going on as well with the C4 and C4L, apparentl the PD OFF seems to be PD ON and PD ON seem to be PD OFF Compared to what is written on the back of both Testers. Not sure if that has anything to do with the Software firmware or not, or just a mistaken writ on the housing casing. Just noticed it that the PD function was only working with PD OFF and was the opposite of what it says on the back...

Can a Firmware update fix this or is this a hardware issue? Although I guess not the biggest issue, but a detail for sure for the overall feel of the product to be correct in its info.

- Darkijah
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 12-06-2023 11:00:52
| 显示全部楼层
Edited by JayGod-Poo666 at 12-06-2023 11:03

Oh okay... Apparently PD ON can show you details and stats on the Charging output on the C4 and C4L although apparently my two 100's watts showed up as 60 watts but putting my favorite 100 watt cable sorted that out showing correctly 100 watts. My 60 watt favorite cables did not work at all with this mode on. So we have the game as usual in regards of what functions and what not.
So apparently the Testers PD OFF is just off showing details as this is the stage it actually make the USB C to barrel adapter work with 20 volts and thereby the PD must still be functional, if the function of PD is ON on the tester setting, it will not work apparently, it keeps it to 5 volts.

Hmm... Apparently my oldest 30 watt ATOM PD 1 charger would not work with my laptop either and made the same issue as the vacuum cleaner resetting and resetting, so again there seems to be something with overall compatible issues as always with these things :/

Still have some options I can test out on that to see if I can get it to work but will need to get some further stuff. apparently it seems the handshake for the laptop does around 35 watts from whatever source that works, if that has some kind of chip fixing it to that, I might "just" need to get one of those and fix unto it the correct barrel plug for the vacuum cleaner but that will take some tinkering....

- Darkijah
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 16-06-2023 03:46:38
| 显示全部楼层
I made a little video of the Testers in action from the Solar Panels, they get a little hot but you can still touch them although not pushing them with 200 watts as will be the upper test. I do have some USB C Male to Female cables to test out to see if I can find the one that gets least heated at the plug to make my adapters to it although I had a look on some USB Adapters you could make yourself and chose the size cable you want, although still needs to be able to get it in it but some toying around and... yea well, things are moving forward : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFn-Opv3sd8
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 16-06-2023 04:13:02
| 显示全部楼层
But even if I get some customized plug that I can put my own cables on that the plug level, they tech in the plug might still be one of those heating up. Although it seems USB C compared to USB A is much much better at handling higher Amps for sure. But there still does seem to be a different how much heat is generated with the different connectors so some testing needs to be done on that level. I got a good amount of Cables to do that, although having to plug 2 connectors together and them transferring heat will make it somewhat harder to locate the best. I don't have any heat instrument either but my fingers for feeling.
I think I got my laptop running from DC to DC now, from both USB C and standard 12 volt to a Step-up print. Still have problems with the Vacuum cleaner although I got some more bits and bobs to test out and customized something for testing as well, and I did get it to charge from my 12 volt step up print after a couple of tries of connecting while it failed a couple of times it actually ended up charging it up, but more testing need to be done on that.

I also got the Pink Cable with house roll up feature from Cafele, as the Green one I got of the older design is my main favorite go to cable now, 100 watts, I think the Pink is the same tech beside an upgraded housing that is transparent so you can see what is going on inside . The stats says the same thing and the cable feels the same, only the housing seems to be upgraded. Not sure about the color, I would like a blue white, but whatever... At least both cables are easier to find with the 2 distinct colors. I got some adapters for the Apple plug for Micro SD to put on, although I also got some Apple plug to USB C adapters if needed at some point, although of cause they will not do huge speed or anything but whatever, dunno just wanted it to be some kind of usable for something as I never use Apples plug. Have some Batteries for USB Micro, so... I might get rid of a Cable maybe if I can just use those cables for charging the batteries in replacement. 2 Batteries should be able to charge on both, or even the third cable I have that have a 3 split but we will see. At the moment they Batteries for the head light is hanging fine from a Car plug with an adapter for USB A.

And both Testers, C4 and C4L are by the way going strong, still haven't ruined them - they do seem to handle a lot

The Firmware update that I did in the beginning did not take long either, was pretty straight forward. Still need to sort out this battery feature thing, but there is so much to look into, always...

- Darkijah
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 17-06-2023 14:47:31
| 显示全部楼层
Further Testing some cables for heat issues. All of the USB A has heat issues it seems, one looks a little burned now inside, overall some do better then others but... They do tend to get to a point where they most likely all break if you continue to have them in. Egg cooking warm :/
USB C is surely the way to go to, but they also clearly have differences in heat issues but I am further testing things to figure out what will be the least heated. At least you wanna be able to have your finger on it without burning so that is what I am doing at the moment. Had some weird issues when I had all the cables connected together and even taken some of them off still made an issue of to much voltage alarm on the HID, both testers made the error and many times stopped working as well. It seems to have something to do with the  D+ and D- that ended up failing to show... Not sure... Whatever the case they all failed all of the sudden and had to take some cables of the line of USB C Cables that I made to first start out. Took a hit on the watts for sure, but they are small wires so not a surprise to see a loss.

Hmm... So anyway... I'll be back with the conclusion when I am done and there might be other better ways to really do it. Like making your own plug yet... It might have something to do with what they use in the Plug itself, Chips and all so generating heat...

Still have Hellfire sickness, hurting but it is going in the right direction now so can't be that long before the skin is good again, Next friday I am thinking it will be pretty good, but time will tell. Still painful for sure in my left side, helps laying on the left side for lessening the pain. Anyway, my issue.... Just don't do the Pox Parties for your Children, just so stupid as you are then forever infected with this virus that suddenly can bloom out with this Hellfire/Shingles stage two of ChickenPox.

Interestingly... this plastic Male C, not sure where it is from. Seems pretty good. I wonder where I got them from, I had 4 and got them from something I just don't remember from what. Maybe the Anker Batteries I wonder, that might be the case - although total no-name cable but fits the number although one Battery bank died. Anyway I really only need one or two USB C female and male that works great for overall use, and then putting some Anderson plugs on them and all for easy plugging. Getting closer overall...

Also the problem with the USB A heat issue is that they transfer that heat to the Tester and so forth.

Anyway... out for now.

- Darkijah
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 14-07-2023 03:57:51
| 显示全部楼层
Finally got logged in.... Had some real issues getting in. Had to use my Email and change my password again and here we go, I'm in. Lots of things has been ongoing.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archive|手机版|小黑屋|AVHzY Forum

GMT-8, 28-04-2024 14:13 , Processed in 0.106643 sec., 19 queries .