[复制链接]

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 04-06-2023 03:23:40
| 显示全部楼层
Edited by JayGod-Poo666 at 04-06-2023 03:26

Beside being very hot, it is very cool to see them working with my solar panels I'm not sure they would be able to handle much more running all day, at least not without some cooling help but as far as I recall I have been up to 160 Watts on my solar panels at max and only running around 115W at the moment I think it peaked at 120W or so today but should be going down now. But it never goes above 8 Amps as the EB70 will only eat 8 Amps Max.

In any case taking down the background light on the C4 and C4L did not do much for its heat - at least they are still very hot to touch. Which is a little uncomfortable when going through the menus. I'll have to work out some cooling, a big copper Heat Sink of some kind - sadly I don't really have any at hand. But have some other testing to do, I wanna see if they can start up without crashing in the morning when the Solar Panels begins to produce. The old tester I have used crashes and need an external source for energy to not have that issue.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 04-06-2023 10:42:25
| 显示全部楼层
Well, the end of the day and it is running 2-4 watts at the moment. Overall a lot cooler but they did run through the day without issues beside when I connected and out connected the HID USB C cable. Anyway, lets see if it works waking up tomorrow automatically, of cause these meters should soon stop working having no energy source but they are going, well after fixing the HID USB Cable to see what happened and taking it out it now went down to 0,3 watts, wait, it is now up again to 2-4 watts. Okay...

But it still sucked all the energy out in regards of the bluetti when I put in the HID Cable, kinda odd because the HID Cable also works as an external source to keep the meter going even if there is no power. So still not sure what is going on. Let me try another cable... Nope, it goes down to 0,42 watts on the meter, 0 watt on the old meter and 0 on the Bluetti... taking it out... giving it some time..... Apparently it takes a little for it to work itself out, and here we go again. old meter 3.4W, C4L 3.8W, C4 3.5W and the bluetti 2 watts.

Oh well.... Yea not sure what is going on with this HID...  I guess I could test with more cables and different connections, yet it does seem to be a overall thing that just happens... I wonder what is going on... Like if the watts went through the USB cable it should not be registered by the other meter after it.

Hmm the old meter seems to register 3,1 watts on the input side, but moving it behind the C4 and C4L it seems so say 0 watts. hmmm, the old meter by the way is a 200A High-precision watt and power analyzer although it does not really do 200A as far as I recall, just checked it out in the manual, 130A is for continual use and I guess it can peak to 200A for shorter period of times. Anyway... Well now it works after the C4 and C4L - it says 2.3 watts, yet things are lowering down being the end of the day the bluetti says 1 watt.

Anyway... whatever the case - the C4 and C4L are working very well and I picked them out as they are the once that seems to be able to do the most Amps, it says up to 10 on both meters, and the C4L should be able to do more peak Amps compared to the C4, but it might not be necessary. They are pretty much the same although the C4 is using a newer chip it seems compared to the C4L.

Also I will need to test some USB A to USB C, heat and transfer and see - I have also tested USB Cables and the peak cable of them all I have found for now is the snail house 100 watts from Cafele although I have the old version, I have not tested the new one. I also got some small USB C watt extenders but they sadly sucks and are highly
imprecise, another option is to get one of those 30 cm/1 feet with Watt screen and with a USB C female to USB Female. Then you have a cable of around 50 CM by default and can extend it to around 150 cm from the cable in the snail house or whatever you wanna call the housing.

So... That's it for now I guess - have to wait for tomorrow and see what the meters do. 20:41 in Denmark now and the meters are still running from the solar panels. around 1-2.5 watts at the moment.

- Darkijah
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 04-06-2023 14:23:45
| 显示全部楼层
Okay just testing further, and am doing 24 volts 8 Amps and 193 watts at the moment, I've been a little higher while charging. They get hot for sure!!! Very hot, but they do seem to work The USB A to C and USB C to A converters gets very hot as well, although it seems all of them I have tried for now works it out. The things now are so burning hot so I can't put my fingers on them, I wonder if the plastic is near melting at least it feels softer
But yea... some copper cooling will be helpful but the C4 and C4L do work near 200 Watts, very nice. Just took the 230 volt wall charger and put the meters on, although I found out the old meter also have some issues when 12 volt auxiliary energy is connected to it and the 70EB, although less of an hit on the watts then the C4 and C4L yet it does seem to make a hit to it. Anyway... Very nice, near 200 watts, 8 Amps at 24,3 volts... But... they are HOT for sure!!! I have to order some Copper cooling, but that's one of the great things about these testers as well, as they are made of metal, it should be transferring the heat away pretty nicely to the copper heat sink. Although... not sure how big the Copper needs to be but anything is better then nothing I guess.

But Jup, both the C4 and the C4L works and worked with the charger without exploding! Or failing.... Very nice! And of cause that was one of the reasons I got them, because they do more then others on the Amps.

Anyone knows what the D+ and D- is for? Some kind of voltage but not sure what they are indicating really...

- Darkijah
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 04-06-2023 14:39:26
| 显示全部楼层
well... the USB C to A, the plastic melted.... Apparently... some of the plastic from the Plug in the USB A Male stayed inside the USB A Female... So... yea... it could not handle the heat clearly although was still working, not sure if it still is able to run after having it unplugged. Well that's a first. Fixed the dry plastic out with a small screw driver, have it running with another USB C to A now.... Lets see if we can find one that can handle the heat
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 04-06-2023 15:15:58
| 显示全部楼层
åhhh ååhhh... I think that might have been to much.... I'll let it cool and see what has happened. Well... I guess I knew it needed or needs some cooling. Maybe I should have waited puling the usb plug out until it was cold. Seems like we have some damage having pulled the plastic further out as it was soft.

The screen did not look so good on the C4 all of the sudden, so I pulled the plug. One thing is the plugs another is the unit itself. But yea, clearly the hardware overall, plugs and all have issues with 8 Amps for a longer period of time because of the heat it generates. nearly 200 watts and 24 volts. It's nearly cooking heat it seems. But overall I don't think there exist any USB A to C or C to A that is made for 8 Amps, the highest I have seen is 6 Amps proclaimed. Hmm might not be able to test any further for now... I think I need some new USB plugs. And maybe I have cooked the C4 - we will see. I have the C4L to use at the very least and actually had another test ready although... With one USB to Anderson broke, kinda a problem on that level.

Seems like the C4 survived!!! Although the Screen was not looking good. The heat was most likely more then the screen could handle but it seems to have taken no damage as it seems to be back to normal. Very nice! Rather impressive little units while everything else is cooking it still survives. In any case I will surely need some cooling for it, I had this other idea to use USB extenders to give it some room away from each other, but I guess the extenders might also produce heat in itself. Well.... Yea so maybe that's not the way to go. But some Copper Heat sink for sure would be helpful.

Well, I better order some of the other plugs I had in mind as well to test out.

- Darkijah
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 04-06-2023 15:53:36
| 显示全部楼层
Edited by JayGod-Poo666 at 04-06-2023 21:09

Okay so I got a knife and fixed the outside plastic off the USB A plug, and made it connect with the other and started charging the EB70 again. there are 3 different kind of plugs used here in the setup... And clearly the USB Cable plugs are getting hot by them self, a good amount. Then I have the 8 mm barral plug that is also used for the input of the bluetti EB70 and you can feel it is somewhat lukewarm, clearly heat is there, yet the Anderson 15/30/45A plugs are just plain cold, you would not even think they where doing anything.... I wonder with some of the other kind of plugs. But... hmm interesting, I have one other kind of plugs that I could test, although would need to fix some connectors.

But yea, the USB A are hot... Sadly I have not been able to find USB C with wires with Crocodile for + and -, it only seem to exist with USB A which might not have been made for 8 Amps. Melting and all that.

Hmm... Now I can hold the USB A plugs with my hand, but it is getting close to being to hot for that. the 8mm feels lukewarm and the Anderson just plain cold like it is doing nothing. I guess 1 point to the Anderson plugs.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 04-06-2023 19:16:04
| 显示全部楼层
Don't know when they started, but it seems both of the testers are now running from the solar panels. Was doing other things, nearly no Anderson plugs left from the box I should have gotten the bigger box...
But I'm surprised the C4 and C4L Testers are already running from the Solar Panels, just seems pretty early already having power to operate already... But apparently they are both working already. Ohh, must have been running for 8 minutes now, the count clock, and both of them apparently turned on at the very same time. Interesting, the second clock is exactly the same. Cool, very nice... Pretty awesome actually

Still some work to do on things for sure... there always seem to be. But it is progressing with my project.

So yea, if anyone is thinking of getting an USB Tester, I would think the C4 would be the very best choice overall on the marked. Just need to figure out the best USB A to C and C to A with higher Amps and Watts and some Cooling copper. Overall, I don't think I will exceed 120 Watts for the summer as the Sun just gets higher and I do not have the angle fixed as they are sitting on the outside of a balcony and can't really be adjusted. I think I got 160 Watts in the spring at a time where the sun was lower and thereby more direct on the solar panels. But that's fine there should be more light time in the Summer anyway, the worst period is still the winter.

Apparently it does not take much for the Meters to work, it will still be some time before energy is really going to be produced to put into the EB70 and yet, here we are seeing both testers already turned on and functioning. Pretty cool.

Well, I guess it is time for some sleep, maybe... Can't really decide. I guess the problem is I pretty much filled the EB70 while testing things with the 230 volt wall charger running to see if the C4 Tester could handle it and the plugs, and feeling the Cable Plugs for heat. One of the 12 volt LiFePo batteries has turned off not sure the correct way to awaken it, if I can do it while still being connected in Serial for 24 Volts, although I could just take off the wire and recharge it with the original 12 Volt charger and go from there I guess, and empty the Storage somewhat as well for solar panel power. I'll think I'll do that. Lets have a try.

- Darkijah
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 05-06-2023 05:48:31
| 显示全部楼层
Edited by JayGod-Poo666 at 05-06-2023 05:55

Okay guys, a new update. So after burning a good amount of USB A, I chopped up a Cable with USB C in one end to see how many wires was in there. 4 in total, and 2 of them as far as I know was + and - , so... I took a nice new cable that was put aside to give away as it only had USB C and USB A and wrong length for me and copped it up and tried to make a USB C Cable for + and -! I started with 12 volt and for the tester to see if it worked and lo and behold it seemed to work. So connected it to the solar panel grid after some toying around, I don't have any more Anderson plugs so I had to use the 12 volt 5.5mm barrel plugs and it worked! Did not wire up the 2 others, the Green and the white wire as it should not be necessary when it is only Energy. Well, whatever the case it is working and the heat is much much lower then the USB A's so... That might help overall on the heat. I will need to get a female USB C plug as well and fix the cable for my need for the other side. I could not find any USB C cables with crocodile teeth so I thought it was not possible to do, but it seems to be very much possible!

Anyway I will do further research, testing and work out on it. I need some more 45A Anderson plugs and other stuff to move forward. But at least I can release many of the USB A stuff I was thinking of ordering, no need for them any longer as this is much better.

Well, so far so good... And both Testers are still working fine! Only a good amount of other stuff have died in the progress of testing....

Would be nice if the Programmers fixed so you could pick the default 3 colors for the Volts, Amps and Watts! Yellow, Red, Blue would be my preferred choice. And further the Wp and Ap functions to show since startup and for the Wh and Ah function to be on the customization screen if one wants them. Mostly Wh for me would be my main option to go for but both options would be nice.

Anyway, these testers are great, most likely the C4 is the better choice of the 2 - but they are very closely the same.

- Darkijah
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 05-06-2023 06:02:39
| 显示全部楼层
Although the Program for customization can be worked out, it would be nice if someone translated it into English and released an English copy It's not that much text that needs translation and it would very much be helpful for people, I kinda have sorted it out with the Chinese but for others it would really be helpful for sure to have it in English.
Of cause everything takes time to do, but it should not be that much work to do. But overall, these are great Testers, very happy with them.

Might be an upgrade if they are able to do the Crocodile thing with USB C to have such a pair for sale or with it as well. Just an idea - it does seem to be possible to do.

- Darkijah
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 06-06-2023 01:31:22
| 显示全部楼层
So a little morning update. I have ordered some more connectors of different kinds, some USB C Male to Female for breaking and making, going around the USB A needed issue that really heats up things. I have only a Male USB C connected yet it is working pretty good, the other side is still USB C to A. I have ordered some different cables to snap up to try out as direct connectors. Ordered some more Anderson pole plugs 45A as well from the US and some small copper cooling devices. I had some small passive heat sink Aluminium from something else and have put one on the USB C for now although not sure if needed, it really did not seem to get that hot compared to the USB A stuff, in any case it seems to fit perfectly although I have seen them in copper somewhere in those sizes although ordered some bigger sizes including some long copper plates for hard drives and such that I can customize I guess for size.

At the moment the Solar panels are warming up, 42 watts at the moment, soon going to hit a good decent flow for the connectors to become hot, seems to be good weather so it should come soon, around half an hour and I think we are getting somewhere decent and heating up things, then I can feel how things heat up for now they are just below luke warm so we need some more Amps going through.

The Anderson pole plugs by the way, are the coolest connector of them all as, even under the worst load of near to 200 watt they keep cold whereas every other plug I have tested gets heated. Anderson is nearly on everything now, used the whole first package that I bought and some more would be more then welcome! Snap, click and do whatever you want - it is very nice to have Anderson poles on near everything around. Like I have 4 kind of grippers, take whatever you want and snap it together with a charger or whatever as every one has Anderson now or if needed on something else or what not.

46 watts now.... moving up little by little, the C4 following along, the C4L is keeping an eye on my battery charging so that is used another place at the moment.

I love these testers, they are absolutely great - more people should get on the wagon on these.

53 watts, moving forward... looking at some other mini sinks. Hmmm 55 watts, you can already feel the USB A to C getting hot. The USB C is pretty cold still although I have fixed a mini heat sink on that to further help. Overall, we are looking for running 200 watt, 8 Amps, without any issues for hours and hours. Getting the USB A's away will most likely be the biggest heat disposer. Then some Passive cooling and I think we will be fine. 57 watts. Well it really gets fun when we reach 115 watts. Oh battery green, lets have another heart page 3 and do another battery. I'll have to read up on this Battery % and all... not sure how that works on the the testers yet, although I can see they do seem to have some function as the number changes and the icon but... not sure   really what it does.
Not sure what to use the + - volt numbers for either, what they are really for and what I can use them for.

Anyway... 63 watts. 71 watts now... Yea, the USB A just sucks on heat issues. The USB C is clearly much much better choice if one hacks the planet as it usual is in this wicked world, to get around the the nonsense of the brick walls the powers to be put up everywhere.

It also seems dishonest on the sales of the USB Cables, they have these images of multiple 15-20 wires inside, that's bullshit!!! Anyway, I'll get some more experience when I cut multiple more cables to have a look inside! But the Red is + and the Black is - like most DC wires. You don't need the others for moving energy. And remember more Volts means less Amps at the same Watt, these wires are pretty small inside the USB Cable although the 2 I have ripped open one had bigger + and - wires. Of cause the question is then, which seller have the biggest wires in there USB C Cables. Dunno, they don't for the most part tell you anything about it and keep you as usually in the shadows about important stuff. 75 watts now. Okay you can feel the heat on the USB C now, but I can still touch it without any issue. OUCH, the USB A converter is Red hot The tester is in the middle, I have put some extenders between the tester and the 2 points, although they them self might make heat. In any case I'll see if the extenders keeps alive as well.

Hmm.... some hours more and we will hit 115 watts.

Anyway... I'll keep at it. Going to take some days to get the stuff...

Put another small heat sink on the USB C, One could probably find a very nice size in copper for it and that is also something to consider in regards of buying USB C plugs, that they have some kind of metal and are not rounded in the plug if one wanna put some small heat sinks on them to help on the heat. Interestingly those making these plugs did not wanna make some further surface area for cooling and grabbing, they tend to be slick metal all around.

Anyway... That's all for me, I don't have any interesting thing to further say. 80 watts and the USB C is getting hotter although nothing compared to the USB A that is just way out hot.... no wonder if they break and burn off with that kind of heat. Clearly seems like the USB C are better built, having less issues with high heat and producing less of it as well under load. 82 watts. ohh I forgot... I have those cheap 12 volt plugs connected as well, they are hot as well. The Anderson are as usually, totally cool like nothing is passing through them. I'm actually getting more worried about those 12 volt plugs then the USB A converter..... Not sure how many Amps they are build for, but... I saw one that was pointed to 5 Amps, and we are pretty close to that and surely they are hot. I'm not so trusty on those 5.5 mm barrel plugs, I have had them break and smoke before on 12 volt. It's interesting that they would get so hot, when you compare it to the small wire that the juice is going through which seems to have a lot less of an issue with heat. Those plugs seems to be big and bulky with a lot of metal for connecting and yet they heat up like this. One wonders why.... And Anderson which are the same size is just rock solid cold like nothing is passing through it. hmmm it is smelling like burned plastic..... 83 Watts. Well... Kinda have to ready if something goes wrong.... Just ridicules to see this much difference in heating on cable plugs. Anderson pole plugs are clearly the winner here which are pretty much the same size if not smaller then the rest. Maybe it would have made an difference if it was Anderson that was sitting on the small wire but doubt it would do much difference as it seems to be plug issue. Like the 8 mm barrel plugs warmed up as well when I did the test with the charger and yet the Anderson was near normal temperature like nothing was going on.

Anyway...  Oh wait... I have some other plugs ready for testing as well, these square things, not sure about the name.... Although only 84 watts at the moment, but lets try to connect them. There we go Lets see if that makes any heat comparing it to the Andersons pole plugs. 86 watts. I need to pee. 87 watts. Well nothing burning yet. Hmm don't like the smell here... Plastic... I have my doubt it will work going higher.... nothing smoking but the smell of plastic is clearly notice....oh my smoke.... damage.... Well... Cut the connection in time. Yea the 12 volt plug died.... smoke came and a pimple began to grow. I really don't have any Andersons pole plugs I put on in replacement.... Yea both plugs are kinda... soft.... still very hot. USB A are also pretty hot. USB C not so much.... Still pretty good warmth level. I wonder how many Amps I got up to. Above 5 I guess. Just clipped open the small 5.5mm barrel plug, I guess it has a very small wire going from the Wire insertion to the barrel inside the plug that is heating up and then making the overall heating issues and now broke. Does seem to be more then enough space to have some bigger wire inside but apparently not. I think the other plug survived.

Okay 98 watts and I'm up and running again with the meter, some good old Electrician connecting and everything is good. Although had some water damage as well before getting to it... dropped my big load of water on the table with stuff.... Anyway back up and running. It says 5.7 Amps now, but I think we where beyond 5 Amps so I guess that fits the bill of 5 Amps max on those plugs.

Next weak point the USB A.... That's my guess anyone. It's incredible crappy made when some Electrician muffe does not make any Heat, yet a plug which seems to have so much wire for connection have such a bad weak point inside. Probably designed that way, the powers to be wanna have things fail so you need to buy something new while blaming the people for all the trash. Blowing to the smoke making the people run the hamster wheel while they make the issue in the first place, this world is full of disgusting practices. The standard light bulb was designed to break after 1000 hours and that is just one little thing, it makes great color value and heat in the winter yet we had to have disgusting LED's with unnatural light spectrum and can potentially ruin the eyes. Not only that they sell those white blue once which are not conditions for night light, high Kelvin, just because it is cheaper and of cause unnatural, think about a burning fire, Yellow! Cozy, sleepiness. Anyway... When people run with Satan and the people don't care about the truth then, things goes further into insanity nutty land.

Okay now 101 watt. Lets have a feel. Yea the USB A is clearly the weak link here. And the extenders Watt level has turned off so... they might not like it either. They are hot as well, I do wonder if the one sitting next to the USB C is actually bumping warm over to it. Maybe I should take it out. Uhhh that was hot, first try failed to take it out, to hot. Well sure is hot overall. I wonder if the last extender is beginning to melt..... It kinda looks a little odd... wait a minute, I smell plastic again. That's usually not a good sign, he he he. Oh well.... Well the extender should be able to at least do.... smoke.....puhhhh...... Well it drop the charging and then the smoke came. I'll let it cool down for some minutes before handling it. Well the extender with the watt meter I took out seem to still work, so even if it was not showing any watts, it is now alive again. Well it should be able to do 100 watts, but clearly the display closed early, although not sure when. The other one is melted..... still waiting for it to cool down. Okay the Extender meter is clearly much done I think, bubbles and pimping the plastic out. Okay running again at 106 watts.

Interestingly enough the broken watt extender meter, is even giving me the warning that something is wrong - that's what life there is left in it. They tend to blink when something is wrong, and both of them did, although the dead one is slightly not so clear but it is doing it. I had read about it, now seen it - anyway one extender watt meter for the trash. They are also highly wrong and way of on the watts sadly, only extender I know that have a watt meter.

Ohh well, that was surely burned inside. 109 watts.
Anyway here are the 4 colors I have found inside the cables. Red +, Black -, Green ?, White ?. Most likely the last to are the data cables. But for transferring energy you just need the 2 first which apparently is working with the WITRN meter nicely. I just still don't understand why no one have made a USB C cable with Crocodile teeth like the USB A version when it seems to be clearly possible to do. 110 watts, going strong! Lets have a feel. Yea, the USB C is doing great, the USB A converter and attachment, not so much. Clearly the weakest link here. 6.4 Amps at 110 watts. Probably not going to get much higher, 120 watt the next 2 hours maybe and that is it. So the USB A connectors might survive. Just have to be ready to unplug it if something begins to smoke or burn

I guess some of the other testers might be able to test the USB C cables without breaking them up, one have to wonder which are the best and have the biggest DC wires in them. The USB Cable does seem to get a little heated now although I guess is might be the warmth from the tester and plugs that is transfering out into it, hard to say. 111 watts and we are going strong! We can cook an Egg on the USB C to A converter! Well, a very very small one. I actually do wonder if I put a little egg yoke on it, if it would solidify.... Well I do have some eggs....... I'll be back, lets break one and find out. Okay egg ready, lets suck some up in the thingy and put a drop on the Converter. Jup it turns white alright, LOL........ wow.... Well it is hot, not sure if everything is solid yet but it clearly turned solid white, all of it. I think it is cooking now..... drying up. Well that was an interesting experiment I guess. Jup, that is solid. 112 watts. I wonder how hot it is. Would be nice with a thermal camera and helpful. Pushing 6.5 Amps now.

Okay, but we learned a little for sure. Get some USB C Male to Female and make some plugs - and there might be some cables that are better then others for this in regards of wire size inside for higher Amperage. You can just keep your hand palm above the USB A and you can just feel the warmth, It's really spitting out some heat for sure. 114 watts...

Anyway... When I get the cables I will rip them open and see whats inside and see if there is one that is better for use for making your own pair of Crocodile USB C cables Or whatever you need it for. Now that we know it is possible, then we just need to find something good for it. 115 watts. The USB A converters will still have its idea when testing some USB A's - but USB C for the connections to transfer energy clearly seems the winner.

116 watts, nearly on max I think for today before going down again. Things sure are hot but the Tester still works wonderfully. And as far as I have seen, the screen first gets effected badly so if that happens and you see the screen do weird, turn it off!!! But it did survive it, although not sure how far you can further go beyond that point before real damage is made to it, I would not try as it was truly hot when it did the screen issue and running near 200 watts with around 8 Amps.

Anyway.... I'll better get going with other things, but the next 2-3 hours are the high point of the sun. But because of the angle I most likely will not see more then 120 watts in total.

Take care, I'll be back with more some other time - Darkijah
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archive|手机版|小黑屋|AVHzY Forum

GMT-8, 28-04-2024 20:43 , Processed in 0.103059 sec., 17 queries .