[复制链接]

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 08-06-2021 17:45:40
| 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Edited by mrspirytus at 08-06-2021 18:09

I just got my new unit and upgraded it right away to 10054 version.
I have few questions and perhaps suggestions. I am attaching a screenshot with some arrows related to my questions

1. This looks like Voltage division? 05.0V? Can this be changed like time division?
2. This is time division and can be changed with the scroll wheel. Cool
3. Auto? Can this be changed to Manual? What does it allow me to control?
4. 0.0A? Not sure what that is.

I did read the manual PDF and nothing is explained about the above points. Is there a Youtube video to show all options and explain them?

Also, perhaps this is something that already exists but I was not able to find it.

I would like to see Min/Max captured Voltage or Current. The chart is great but for longer runs, I would like to toggle and see what are the min and max for a specific run. Also, allow resetting min/max for the next run.
This would be great to help to debug some issues (scope) or/an additional screen to toggle (like the main screen showing real-time reads)
In the attached screenshot the visual part is great but if I am not actively watching it will scroll without noticing. That is why I think Min/Max is good to have.

Also, I got another screenshot showing an error (I am tracking a specific issue). I was not actively looking at the unit. When I looked I noticed it. Now that is great. But it would be AWSOME to toggle and see screenshot with the last reading snapshot (V, I, Power, etc)

I also just figured out that by pressing longer in oscilloscope mode I get charts for D+ and D-
First look, looks like the values on the bottom are not updating and are zero. Can this be explained better or perhaps there is another post that can be linked here to it?

Thank you

Scope

Scope

USB Error

USB Error
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
 楼主| 发表于: 10-06-2021 14:53:52
| 显示全部楼层
Also, I was wondering how to interpret this error message in the above screenshot. I got this message once. And I was able to reproduce it again. I have a thermal USB camera connected with LTE module to 2 Yspliter hubs and once a while I get this error message in Linux
[Thu Jun 10 12:16:48 2021] usb 1-3.3-port4: disabled by hub (EMI?), re-enabling...

What is module [008H]. Is this CT-3 Module? How can I debug or better know what is the issue, which device caused it so I can adjust/fix.

Thank you
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
发表于: 11-06-2021 07:15:10
| 显示全部楼层
The first question, about the graphing:
Basically, the graphing feature on the meter itself provides very limited information, it's only used for convenience. It's possible to implement a manual scaling feature but it would be very tedious to operate with the only 3-way scroll key. If you want detailed data logging, you should rather the use offline data record feature or use the online data record on the PC suite (https://yk-lab.org:666/index.php/shizuku-pc-software/). Plus, the online data logging feature in the PC suite provides all features you described above which you cannot do on the meter itself.

And the second problem:
Yes, 008H represents the load module.
This communication error is usually caused by unsecured connection (FPC cable between the motherboard and the module), or unsecured copper pillars and screws (These components act as ground and VBUS conductor as well as fixture).
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
 楼主| 发表于: 11-06-2021 13:42:23
| 显示全部楼层
yanke928 11-06-2021 07:15
Basically, the graphing feature on the meter itself provides ...

Thank you for your answers.

As far as Min/Max, I see your point. I was suggesting adding it to some other screen (existing or new). It does not have to be on the graph screen. Windows app is great but it does not help when doing some work in a field where I would like to leave CT-3 unit running without any machine connected. I really early use Windows. It would be great if wire format would be open to implementing a Linux library and possibly a Qt app to cover all platforms. Whichever options you pick would be great

As far as the error 008H. I have an embedded device that has one USB 2.0 port. I connected Y splitter hub (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08K ... t_b_product_details)
One port connects to the LTE module that I can ssh to this remote unit. The other port connects to a thermal camera that is monitoring some assembly line. So I have an occasional error with this camera where it gets disconnected. Linux kernel prints this error from a USB hub
[Thu Jun 8 12:16:48 2021] usb 1-3.3-port4: disabled by hub (EMI?), re-enabling...

The error is the Thermal camera since LTE module connected to the same hub is not affected. The ssh connection stays up. So I am using CT-3 device trying to debug this issue. So here is my case.

Here is the thing. This Termal camera is connected to over 65Foot cable (https://smile.amazon.com/Monopri ... 23447005&sr=8-5)
This cable connects to my embedded device

Camera -> 65Foot cable -> USB case mount  with small PCB (open traces no shelding) -> Y splitter hub.

Everything works but once in a while sometimes hour most of the time 10-20 hr I get this error.
I am running a test by eliminating the USB case mount. So now 65F cable connects directly to Y splitter.

I am thinking the EMI message could because of the missing shelding. But it could also be a case where the camera draws more power at times.

That is why I am looking for such options to have Min/Max voltage, Min/Max amperage, Also maybe what was the voltage at time Max current or Current at Max voltage. Such an option would be in remote debugging.

So the error I got 008H I got when I connected CT- between 65f cable and USB case mount which part of it unshielded.

I am trying to figure out if I have a power issue since USB 3.0 is 500mA limit or general noise on D+/D- lines with missing shielding. That is why I am running a test now with a full patch shielded.

Do you or anyone in the community have any suggestions about debugging this issue? Or perhaps 65F cable is the problem and in the long run, it will always cause me a problem. The camera on a very short cable on my desktop can run for days without any issues.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

积分
 楼主| 发表于: 11-06-2021 13:58:22
| 显示全部楼层
yanke928 11-06-2021 07:15
Basically, the graphing feature on the meter itself provides ...

Also could you please explain in better detail the options I did draw with errors in my initial post and if you know how to change them? Thank you
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archive|手机版|小黑屋|AVHzY Forum

GMT-8, 18-04-2024 17:55 , Processed in 0.104377 sec., 21 queries .