Hermann 发表于 22-03-2018 11:09:11

Firmware update

Hi, I'm too stupid for the Firmware upgrade. For me it seems there are 2 different methods described.
in the description on the bottom with the KotomiApp i installed the driver, but when I plug in the PC connection (micro USB) the application says "no port Available" and after starting the firmware update it says "status: waiting for bootloader", "original FW version: unknown", "update to 1.79.0". But then nothingg happens.

in the decription on top i do not know what is the Left key. If I pull the weel key to the lefta and plug the PC USB connection (Micro USB) in the device says "Waiting for USB" and shows HW _ver 1.03 and SW_Ver. 1.79,so it seems to have the latest Firmware anyhow.

So I think in the moment FW update is not required anyhow..
But I still would like to know how this should work .. maybe I need it in future..

Hermann

Hermann

yanke928 发表于 23-03-2018 03:00:50

For the first time to use the PC software, you should click "Driver->Install Driver" on the software, then the device is ready to be connected. Once the device is connected, click "Advanced->Firmware Update" will perform an update.

Also you can update the firmware without the PC software, find raw firmware file Kotomi Vx.xx.KotomiPremium on the website, and just drag the file into the U-disk popping up after bootloader mode entered (Key to the left and hold then plug-in micro port to the PC), wait for seconds and the meter will reset itself and it's done.

acr1161 发表于 06-07-2018 09:54:23

Ok, I've been down this road before...You folks told me to do something, and bingo it worked...But for the life of me, I can't find any notes, or instructions on what you had me do...

If I do the boot loader, and drag and drop the file in, I get "Upgrading....134 > 134"and it will sit there until the end of time...I would try to do it through the Kotomi app, but can't get connected to device...   Help?

yanke928 发表于 07-07-2018 00:37:14

static/image/common/user_online.gif acr1161 static/image/common/clock.gif 06-07-2018 09:54
Ok, I've been down this road before...You folks told me to do something, and bingo it worked...B ...

Try to install the driver on KotomiApp form and then see if it can be connected.

Or the other method, download the independent firmware "Kotomi Vx.xx.KotomiPremium" (DO NOT RENAME it) from the website and drag it into the u-disk in bootloader mode, do this in windows environment since some feedback says it might fail when this method is applied in MacOS.

acr1161 发表于 10-07-2018 09:16:10

static/image/common/user_online.gif yanke928 static/image/common/clock.gif 07-07-2018 00:37
Try to install the driver on KotomiApp form and then see if it can be connected.

Or the other met ...

Honestly I don't know how you do it...I read your post, and thought to myself... I've already have tried this...   But did it one more time, and guess what... It worked...

Actually, I think some of my problems are cables...Some of my cables are charging cables only, and will not pass data...    "Face palm moment..."

Again, Thanks...

acr1161 发表于 09-10-2018 09:22:33

When will I learn?   I should just leave well enough alone...   Using the correct USB cable this time....   I take the FW file and place it in the connected drive of the device...I get the upgrading 134 > 134 message...   Never goes any ware from there...After trying it a couple times now the SW_Ver: Unknown!!!   Have I totally bricked this thing now!I can't get it to reload....

acr1161 发表于 09-10-2018 10:11:50

Quick update...   I uninstalled, and then reinstalled the latest drivers...Then started the Kotomi app...Version info showed the version in the app, but unknown on the device.Even though there was a prompt of no port supported, I did the Firmware update from the app...IT WORKED!So its all up and working now...

Allan

mrspirytus 发表于 22-10-2021 14:37:05

I am trying to mount it on Linux or Mac to copy new firmware. Iit does not work. I never see u-disk. Do you have yo have Windows PC only?

If you want to perform firmware update without PC software, do the following:
1. Power down the meter.
2. Roll the key to the left and hold.
3. Power on the meter by plugging in the PC port(micro usb port) while still holding the left key.
4. After 2 seconds, the screen shows "Bootloader" in the first row, a u-disk should be visible on the computer.
5. You could release the key.
6. Copy /FW FOLER into the u-disk.(The structure should be u-disk:/FW/...)
7. Wait for copying.
8. On the meter, select and enter "Update From Int.Memory".
9. Wait for update done, and select "Reboot".
10. Finished

Rob5001 发表于 26-11-2021 04:43:03

Hi
I have as well an issues with the firmware. The fw update was started automatically after i used the App Shizuku System Box the first time but with an error at least.
Now the CT3 starts in bootloader mode. so its useless.
As in the commend from mrspiytus the u-disk don't pop up. Windows ask me to fromat the disk. Should I do this?
Is there an other description available how to solve the issue ?
Thanks

Jford280 发表于 14-12-2021 17:13:16

I was having the same issue on Win10. I found the driver at C:\Program Files (x86)\YK-Lab\Shizuku System Box\Driver\Shizuku. Installed that, cycled the USB connection and tried the automatic firmware update again. It worked. Be patient. There are several spots where you think the software has crashed, but its just waiting or downloading. All in all +5 min to install.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Firmware update